Monday 9 March 2015

Starting week 8

SO here it is...the start of week 8....the final week of my 8 week run! Next Monday will be my next weigh in and measurements. At that point I will decide to do one of three things. 1. Go on to the thrive stage 2. Continue on with what I'm doing or 3. Re-start the whole process with another detox/cleanse.

I am so fascinated (and thrilled and grateful and happy...etc) at the results I have had in such a short amount of time! I am back into clothes I haven't been able to wear for almost a year! I have amped up my work out routine, am off of Ibuprofen (for the first time in MANY years), off of dairy & gluten (except for the odd bit on my off plan meals) I am off aspartame, I am down to 1 cup of coffee in the am (sleeping WAY better w/o all the caffeine in my system).

I have definitely had the odd time where I've struggled a bit...old habits seem to die hard...but I've pushed through most of them and haven't "caved" in to the old habits and temptations. And the one or two times I did....I just got right back on track immediately. I think that is one of the things I like most about this way of living and eating...it is so easy to "get back on track" after a little "oops".

I have a whole new way of looking at food:
Hahaha....love this!!!


Soooo...I haven't had a chance to try the slow cooker recipe yet...this week for sure!

Love the chai tea in the protein shake idea. I've done it a couple of times...wow!! So good! I use the Spice Dragon Red Chai by Stash. It`s an herbal tea and is caffeine free.

The gluten free wraps I got from our local Gluten Free Bakery were absolutely WONDERFU!! I made them all up that day and ate them for lunches or dinner through the week. Here`s what I put in them: I browned some extra lean ground turkey. Added chopped up onion, peppers and mushrooms. Garlic, pepper and a yummy seasoning salt to flavour. I put one serving of avocado on the wrap and added some siracha (not sure on spelling) sauce added turkey mixture once it was cool. I put each wrap in parchment paper then put them all in a ziplock bag. They stayed wonderfully fresh all week. So easy to heat up and eat!

We are having some beautiful, sunny amazing weather here...so I have started my trampolining early and will be out there whenever the weather permits right now. I have learned from going to hard to quickly in the past, so I started out with 3 minutes and have worked up to 5...today I will do 6. I want to be able to do 20-30 minutes by this summer.

Have a wonderful day!!




1 comment:

  1. I love hearing how its going for you Michelle! I'm so proud of you! Thank you for sharing your victories and overcommings. Love you dear sister! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete