Wednesday 4 February 2015

A Whole Different Way of Thinking

I realized today that in just 3 weeks I have developed a whole new way of thinking....about food, fat, the scale, calories and working out.





I have always had a love/hate relationship with the scale....mostly hate!! Most of my life I have avoided it. The last 2 1/2 years I have faithfully weighed myself every Friday morning...until about 2 months ago when I started avoiding it again because i didn't want to see the number....I knew it was going up more and more and I was in a bit of panic mode.
So when I stepped on it 2 1/2 weeks ago...the 1st day on this new program...it was, well...ugly (and yet not quite as bad as I thought it would be!)
I am discovering on this program, that my body is metabolizing fat is a whole different way...the number on the scale will not necessarily reflect what is happening in my body...so I have decided, after getting some good advice, to weigh myself only once a month....whew!!! It feels like a weight off my shoulders, a freedom!!

So I promised you on my first post that I would let you in on this fantastic program.
The web site is:  www.8weekrun.com


Here's some of the things I love:
1. It is FREE...no join up fee, no weekly fees, no monthly fees....yeehaw!
2. It is easy...it's all laid out in a clear, no nonsense format...not once did I feel overwhelmed when reading through it...I knew what I had to do.
3. I do not need to "track" or write down what I'm eating. I eat every three hours...a balance of protein, carbs and healthy fat (of which you are given lists with all your choices.

When you go to the web site....look for the 4 pdf files to download (they are under steps 8, 9 ,10 and 12)...the whole program is in these files. Just print and read. You can choose to register for the 8 week run challenge, but it is not mandatory and you can still do the program. Mark MacDonald, the creator of the program, has a book called Body Confidence...a good read! If you decide to do this program, He has a line of protein powder and supplements that, although not mandatory, do make it very easy, and in the long run, less expensive than buying everything at the health food store....nice and easy!!!

( MARK MACDONALD is the creator of the Venice Nutrition Program. He opened the first Venice Nutrition Consulting Center in Venice Beach, California, over a decade ago and it has since developed into a network of over 350 centers across the United States. The Venice Nutrition Program has been licensed by hundreds of health facilities, doctors’ offices, fitness studios, and health professionals nationwide.)

I will let you know...week one is a "cleanse" It's a detox week....a bit of a challenge...but let's face it, if you really want to get a good kick start on burning fat the right way, then you can do anything for 1 week!

OK...so, if you have any questions leave me a comment with your email address and I will get back to you with an answer as quickly as I can. REMEMBER....if I can do this....ANYONE can!!! I can almost feel the fat burning away! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment