Thursday 5 February 2015

Excuses!

EXCUSES!!! I've had them all at one time or another!

"I don't have time to exercise"  "I'll start eating better after _____________ (insert special event)"

"I can't give up diet pop...the fizz scratches my throat" (yes...that was a real excuse :)

"I don't have the money to pay a weekly/monthly fee"  "eating healthy costs more"

"I'm on too much pain to exercise"

ETC, ETC, ETC..........

I really believe it comes down to a true "AHA" moment....the "flick of a switch" within us where we are finally ready to be done with the excuses and truly do something to get healthier and feel better. There is an answer to every excuse....there really is....we just have to be ready to face them head on and be determined to FIND the answer that works best for us.
 I've had a few of these "aha" moments in my life....most recently a few weeks ago when an old acquaintance walked in to my place of work, recognized me (we hadn't seen each other since 1999) and we started a conversation that changed my life once again. This woman was an answer to my prayer for help and I will always be grateful she came in that day and shared this program with me. We have now renewed our friendship and she is a wonderful support for me on this "8 Week Run"
So now....all my excuses have lost their "power" I strive to live one day at a time...so for today, I am without excuse. I am allowing myself the "gift" of good healthy eating, great daily exercise, a solid spiritual walk (because each one can effect the other). I am grateful and so happy. I know there may be some challenges along the way, but even the small daily victories are what I'm focusing on right now (like going in to grab a french fry...and pulling back at the last second because I knew I really didn't want it and I recognized this action as a bad habit I want to break....whooohooooo!!)

So do you have excuses? Or is it time for an "AHA" moment for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment